Conversant, too?

The occasional ramblings of a Columbus, Ohio poet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Rose M. Smith is a shy, quiet poet who's lived most of her life in Columbus, Ohio--a conversational voice heavily informed by human situations and emotion. Voted "poet most unlike herself at the mic," she has been known to silence an unruly room when her poems begin to speak. Her work has appeared in Chiron Review, The Iconoclast, Good Foot, Pavement Saw, Concrete Wolf, Boston Literary Magazine, The Examined Life, Main Street Rag, and The Pedestal Magazine, and other journals and anthologies. Rose reads throughout the midwest--she'll make a jaunt cross country if she's needed (you pay for it). She has been called "a quiet visionary spanning the worlds of performance poetry and literary print! challenging and enriching the norms of both. She is an associate editor at Pudding House Publications and author of Shooting the Strays (Pavement Saw Press, 2003) and A Woman You Know (Pudding House Publications, 2005) and is featured in the Poets' Greatest Hits collection now managed bt Kattywampus Press. Rose is a Cave Canem Fellow.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Final World from the Doc

Okay. Time to face reality, I guess.

Just got back from the Doc's office. The procedure on Tuesday will keep me out of the grand slam, and I'll be out of commission for about a week. I guess I won't whine. Things could always be worse.

Missed the OAC panel meetings this week. Wanted to sit in and listen to the committee's criticisms of the works submitted for grant consideration. Would have been a terrific learning process.

Geepers! I'm missing a whole lotta "stuff" this week.

Peace.

Today's music: Middle Child, Barefeet & Pregnant
Favorite tune: "()"
Today I am reading: Patricia Cornwell, Southern Cross

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Oh! Golly! I don't think I want to post that here!

Let's start a good rumor: You can tell everyone I'm getting a face lift or inflatable attachments "for the girls." Or maybe tell folks I'm having a baby--they go for that. I'm all about that mother thing!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Or how about a nose job? Folks will all compliment me or look at my nose really crazy when I'm back in a week or two!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Thanks, Donna. I was a little bummed out about missing the slam. Don't even know who won.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still don't know who won? Ed posted about it: http://blackpearlpoetry.blogspot.com/2005/12/grand-slam-results.html

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home