Conversant, too?

The occasional ramblings of a Columbus, Ohio poet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Rose M. Smith is a shy, quiet poet who's lived most of her life in Columbus, Ohio--a conversational voice heavily informed by human situations and emotion. Voted "poet most unlike herself at the mic," she has been known to silence an unruly room when her poems begin to speak. Her work has appeared in Chiron Review, The Iconoclast, Good Foot, Pavement Saw, Concrete Wolf, Boston Literary Magazine, The Examined Life, Main Street Rag, and The Pedestal Magazine, and other journals and anthologies. Rose reads throughout the midwest--she'll make a jaunt cross country if she's needed (you pay for it). She has been called "a quiet visionary spanning the worlds of performance poetry and literary print! challenging and enriching the norms of both. She is an associate editor at Pudding House Publications and author of Shooting the Strays (Pavement Saw Press, 2003) and A Woman You Know (Pudding House Publications, 2005) and is featured in the Poets' Greatest Hits collection now managed bt Kattywampus Press. Rose is a Cave Canem Fellow.

Monday, September 05, 2005

If you had it to do over again...

Sometimes I think, if I had it to do over again, that I'd major in English with a Creative Writing emphasis. My heart is really in the writing, and not in computer science. Ah well, we all have things we wish we'd done differently. I have twenty years of them to think about.

Today was a lazy day. Labor Day. Day to relax and remember how hard generations before us worked to get employment situations to where they are (before Bush and others before drove the economy into its current downturn). I spent the day watching and rewatching a very compelling film and wondering whether I could have written it better or differently. Maybe I'll take a stab at that novel that's been on the back burner for five years or more.

Planning to get back to poetry submittals full force this season. I have forsaken my first love while I let my personal life crowd me into a very tiny corner.

Here's to turning corners.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina Wireless Team: Donations, Equipment and People Needed
I've written elsewhere about the FCC Katrina conference call : Community wireless groups, including FreeNetworks members, have begun to respond.
a great ebook blog,keep it up

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home